Monday, September 12, 2011

11 September

It is hard to believe that it has been 10 years. Ten long years. We as a country are so different after a decade. I am very different than I was 10 years ago.

Ten years ago, I was a junior in high school. I was in 2nd period – Wind Ensemble taught by Mr. Lampman. I was near the back playing bassoon with Laura. We had just finished playing Lo How a Rose in the dark as our morning chorale. It was a nearly perfect moment.

Then Aaron Honsowetz ran in and told us that something had happened and that we needed to turn on the tv. The rest of the day was a blur. In fact, the rest of the week was a blur until my mom made it home from being stranded in London. I do remember that I went to work after school at Comshare where I did data entry. The building was deserted though there were tvs pulled out into the hallways and turned to the news. My boss sent me home instead of working.

I hauled myself out of bed today around 7am and went to the gym to go running. I ran 7 miles. It was rough, between the move and dropping a printer on my foot and getting sick, I have not been training like I should have. The worst part was that on all the tvs at the gym was the 9/11 coverage. It was really hard not to sob. It truly is the pivotal moment for my generation.

After my run, I showered, worked on some reeds and drove to Dayton to rehearse with my trio. We are mostly prepared for our concert in October and Yumi fed me some awesome curry! And grilled watermelon. It was strange but I really liked it.

I then drove into Carson City to run some errands. I stopped at Borders since the going out of business sale is almost over. Let me tell you, it was incredibly depressing walking into a store that was basically barren. It does make me nervous about what is going to happen to the book business. I did get 11 books for $23. Which is crazy!

Sad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment