Thursday, July 7, 2011

May, May, May!

May 20th - During my lunch break I went to pick up Laura, Kate and Andy from the Reno Airport! It was soooo nice to get to see them! We picked up In ‘n Out shakes and I took them back to work with me. They chilled around F-town and the library until I got off work. Then I drove them the scenic route back to Y-town. We grabbed some pizza and enjoyed an evening of laughs.

May 21st – It was a fun filled day with my peeps J I drove us up to Dayton where we met up with Summer to go to Virginia City. Virginia City is this old town up in the mountains with a lot of old stuff. There was also a store with barrels of candy. I also had a deep fried snickers. Seriously, if you ever get the chance… have one!! So worth the 10 miles you have to run afterwards… After Virginia City, we went and saw the movie Bridesmaids which was rather hysterical though sad at points. When Kate was using the rest room, she overheard a whole bunch of old ladies who were horrified that Bridesmaids wasn’t a romantic movie. Then we went to the bowling alley to play the gambling bowling. Kate was the big winner of the night!

May 22nd – It was a perfect, lazy day J We watched movies, ate fattening food and played hilarious games. And blinged bracelets. Sometimes, it’s better not to ask. I took everyone to my Mexican restaurant and introduced everyone to sopapilla!

May 23rd – It was a rough morning. I drove everyone up to Reno and we had In ‘n Out (which was awesome!) but then I had to drop Laura, Kate and Andy off at the airport. It was incredibly depressing. The end. Well, then I went to jiujitsu.

May 24th – work work work.

May 25th – work work work HAPPY TOWEL DAY work work work

May 26th - I got to work at 7am and made sure everything was set up. The rest of the county library staff trickled in after 8:30 and we headed over for the benefits fair over at the court house. We picked up our info packets and took our seats. The guy who introduced me to the dojo in town turns out to be a JPO with gun and all. He had to be at the same benefits fair and came and sat down right next to me. I told him that court rooms gave me hives; he said he was in them all the time slandering his kids. The benefits meeting itself was pretty boring. My eyes glazed over most of the time and I still feel like I need every single type of insurance known to man. I did get some free stress balls and other fun giveaways. There was a drawing and I of course entered it. JPO gave me shit about it; he said that those knives were going to be his. Turns out I won (a blue ray player instead of the knives) so I got to give him shit. The rest of the day consisted of an all staff meeting (excluding a few key members who were sick). They of course gave me shit for the JPO sitting next to me. The other librarians believed he was trying to flirt with me because he kept fidgeting. I claim the benches were just that uncomfortable… think worst church pews ever. It was a long staff meeting but I think it was pretty productive.

May 27th - it was a fun filled work day and then I drove over the mountains for Army Time…. I met up with some of the other 191sters in the barracks. There were also another unit that was there with us in the barracks. They had set up a projector and were watching movies. With beer. Good way to stretch out after a long drive.

May 28th - Army, Army, Army. This was our makeup drill for missing the drill in April due to the budget crisis. We came, we practiced, we ate. After work, more eating.

May 29th - More Army Fun! For some reason, I was having an emotionally shitty day and I kind of shut down for a bit. After work I took a nice long nap and then joined Angel and the rest of the people hanging out with the other unit in our building. There ended up being a lot of drama with them which I am not happy to have been apart of in retrospect. Wish I had been informed of what was going on when people found out!

May 30th - Happy Memorial Day! We had a gig at the Presido over near the Bay (which was absolutely beautiful!) I was tasked for being the shot gun for the equipment truck… which everyone knows is a bad idea since I have no idea where I am most of the time and I am such a shitty navigator. Luckily the driver, SSG Clark knew where he was going (because the bus also left us behind too…) When we crossed the Bay Bridge, the toll collector tried to buy me in marriage from SSG Clark. It was incredibly strange…and creepy… When we got to the job site, Boland and I weren’t in the marching bit so we got to unload the entire truck ourselves as the rest of the unit fine tuned its entrance. (Go Double Reeds!) Then, when we were chilling around, a random SPC asked me what was with the pimp stick. It took me a moment to realize he meant the drum major’s mace! I guess pimp stick is as good a description as any… After the gig, I drove my ass back to Nevada (good decision!)

May 31st - Was my day off… my holiday! Luckily the library was closed as well so I could catch up on my sleeping and being lazy…

No comments:

Post a Comment