Monday, October 28, 2013

Core Dump!

Monday, October 14th, was another day off and it became my cooking day!  I put together Enchiladas and Shepard Pie in dishes that I froze and now can easily pull out for dinner later on.  I also went for a run - I was going to run Seoul Tower but instead ran the perimeter of post and saw lots of new stuff that's close by.

10938 Steps (4.76 miles)

Tuesday, October 15th, we had lots of computer/printer issues at work.  It could have been worse - BN had lost their internet so I hand carried lots of paperwork over to BN so that my soldier could leave for WLC the next day!  My WWQ also got together and had our first rehearsal in a bit - we are starting to think about our upcoming holiday concert and the caroling season.

12543 Steps (5.46 miles)

Wednesday, October 16th, was a pretty normal day.  My soldier left for WLC and I did paperwork.  Story of my life!

14022 Steps (6.10 miles)

Thursday, October 17th, was a long and stressful day.  I don't even know why it was so stressful but everyone was in a bad mood.  I went with a friend to go see a movie - we walked over to the Ipark movie theater and the only movie that was playing in our time range (and was in English) was Gravity.  It was a good movie - very poignant though it did make me dizzy.  I might have had more issues if we had seen it in 3D.  I definitely want to come back to this movie theater though to see the big blockbuster movies that are coming out soon - Hunger Games 2, Thor 2 and such...

20029 Steps (8.71 miles)

Friday, October 18th, was a Comp day for us (making up for the extra work we do...)  I got up and went for a run with my friend Alan and we ran/walked about 8 miles.  Afterwards I met up with two of my specialists and took them to get their CIF issue which is all their Army equipment and gear.  We had to inventory it all (and luckily I had just done this so I could help them because I knew what it all was!)  Then we went and laid out their equipment, painted and taped their bags and packed their "Go Bags".  We had heard rumors that an EDRE (Emergency Deployment Readiness Exercise) was on the horizon so I invited all the new folk to the unit to come to our bag packing/painting party.  Quite a few showed up in order to get their gear in order.  Afterwards, I went to the Navy Club for my usual Friday night hangout.

27570 Steps (11.99 miles)

Saturday, October 19th, I rolled out of bed and went to my Hash.  It was a much longer run than normal... like 12 miles long!  We told the hares that if they had just done another 1.1 miles we could have called it a half marathon!  I was so sore and tired by the end!  Afterwards my friend Dom and I went to get pizza - we went to a place called Monster Pizza because I was told by some band folk that it was the best pizza around.  It was not.  It actually reminded me of Bells Pizza... only really good as drunk pizza food... it was super greasy!  Then we met up with some other runners to go to HBCfest which is a musical festival in HBC (right outside my gate) where all the local bars have a rotation of local bands play.  IT WAS CRAZY!  There were sooo many people that they were spilling into the streets though the local cops weren't too happy about that.  My group ended up holing up at the VFW since it was slightly quieter than everywhere else.  It was a fun night of dancing and listing to music!

27570 Steps (11.82 miles)

Sunday, October 20th, I got to sleep in a bit and then bummed around a bit.  At night they were running the Shadow Run of the Army Ten Miler - it started at the same time as the actual Ten Miler in DC.  We actually only ran a 10K (ie... the 5K route twice...)  There were about 30 folk who came out, though it was fun :-)  I ran with Alan the whole time and we finished a couple minutes less than an hour.

18358 Steps (7.98 miles)

Monday, October 21st, was rough getting up after such a late night, especially since I still had to go to PT.  We have a new PT schedule were it runs from 0630-0800 and our first formation is now at 0930.  And we no longer wear our reflective belts.  And they aren't closing the roads during PT hours anymore.  Our thoughts are that 8th Army heard that they needed to reduce their ranks by 10% and said "challenge accepted!"   In the morning we marched a honor guard ceremony and hat afternoon we went to the EST practice shooting M16s - the EST is like video game shooting.

7920 Steps (3.44 miles)

Tuesday, October 22nd, was another day of work work work.  I did have lunch with a friend at one of the KATUSA snack bars and he whipped out an ultrasound photo - his shock and awe!  He was so excited to be a dad though he isn't telling many folk until they are further along.

9679 Steps (4.21 miles)

Wednesday, October 23rd, started with a class on growing professionally and personally and the trainer had one of the KATUSAs stand up and talk about US misconceptions.  He said," I wear skinny jeans because they fit and I wear bright shirts (esp. pink ones) for fashion.  But I not gay."  It was fairly adorable.  At lunch I ran down to the TMC (Troop Medical Clinic) for my doctors appointment where, while I'm lying on the table the doctor asks me "Are you a nurse?"

Me: "No?"

Doctor: "No medical training?"

Me: "No??"

Doctor "Well, you definitely sound like you have!"

Me: "Ah... a lot of my family is in the medical profession."

Doctor: "Oh?  What happened to you?"

Me: "I went and got a frivolous arts degree instead"

Doctor: "Well, you can always go back and get a medical degree!"

I thought it was funny.  They shot my arm full of drugs and then I rushed back, changed into my dress uniform and marched another ceremony.

9279 Steps (4.04 miles)

Thursday, October 24th, was another fun day.  We did tactical PT for PT in the morning which consisted of us learning different buddy carrys.  I got a bit peeved because they segregated the females for training which is a huge EO violation.  Afterwards we had our EDRE where we had to bring all our equipment and "Go Bags" and lay them out to be inspected as if we were going to war.  It's amazing how much stuff you have to go to war with.  We also had a full unit weigh in which means I spent my lunch measuring people in between bites.  I had a heart to heart with my SGM at the end of the day about EO issues.

8058 Steps (3.50 miles)

Friday, October 25th, was thankfully a Comp Day.  I slept in a bit and didn't get up to run because my body really needed the rest.  I skyped with some family in the morning and did a fashion show for my mom over skype.  I did eventually drag myself into work to get some paperwork done (I will never catch up on all the paperwork...)  I met up with Sam there and we did fashion show part 2 and then bummed around the PX before going to happy hour at the Navy Club.  I walked in and an officer shouts out "Captain America!"  I did an embarrassed wave and trudged through as the rest of the guys in the room wanted to know why he was calling me that...  Afterwards, I went back to my BEQ and popped in a movie for a bit.  Some friends called and were feeling down so I trudged out to go play pool with them - playing pool against me always makes people feel better!

10940 Steps (4.76 miles)

Saturday, October 26th, I woke up and met up with fellow hashers right outside the gate and we traveled together to our start point.  The hash run today was a good one because the pack stayed together pretty much the whole time and it was only about 4 miles.  Afterwards we trekked back to post.  I bummed around for a bit and then met up with some friends to go to a Halloween party.  I went as a Librarian (I know... so original... but I do have the clothes for it!)  There was a guy in a giant bear suit and he got hounded by the Koreans no matter where we went.... it was hysterical!  A couple of the guys took turns wearing the suit because they all needed breaks from having their pictures taken all the time!  There was another guy who was dressed as Quail Man and we were polling the folks who recognized him to see what the age spread was... not very big at all actually.  It was a really fun night :-)

15014 Steps (6.53 miles)

Sunday, October 27th, I woke up not feeling all that well.  My cold progressed to more than just a little cough, but to full blown cough with crap in my lungs and dizzyness :-(  I slept in for a bit but then had to go to work.  I did get to have a fairly awesome brunch with a friend though, but then more work.   I ran into my PLT Leader at work and he told me that I wasn't allowed to come to PT in the morning with that nasty of a cough and texted my soldiers to tell them I wouldn't be there...  I doused myself with Nyquil and went to bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment